04 August 2011

Sorry I've Been Blogging So Much Lately...

But when I am off work this week, I just don't have that much else to do! And everything I do have time to do, I just want to share with all of you here on the blog :)

ANYWAY, so yesterday, I decided to do a quick little home improvement project! It was one that I blogged about a little while ago, as you may remember. I was so excited to get started on it, that I completely forgot to take a BEFORE picture. So you are just going to have to use your imagination here people.

Imagine this: a boring, typical old three panel medicine cabinet with two well-used, off-white, partially unfinished shelves and an off-white background.

BORING!

After:


And with all of our stuff in it...


SO fun and SO easy! I love the pop of color I get every time I go to brush my teeth now, it makes it so fun! And the whole thing probably took me fifteen minutes, at most. It was awesome.

All you have to do is get a few sheets of scrapbook paper (I used four) and some scissors/paper cutter and tape! First, take out the shelves. This may be tricky, but I promise you can do it! Unless they are nailed in of course. Then you measure out your paper to make it fit, cutting pieces as needed. I recommend purchasing paper that has a pattern that will easily overlap. Next, tape those pieces of paper on to the shelf, using a small piece of rolled tape in each corner. Then put the shelves back in, and you are done! Was that easy or what?!

I also painted the shelves with white paint to make them look a little newer, which is probably why this took me 15 minutes instead of 5. Seriously, this is probably the easiest DIY home project ever, and I totally recommend it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment