11 May 2012

Bored

So now that I'm all graduated and everything, I've got lotttts of free time. It's awesome. Most people would be smart and go out and get a job or something, but not me. I'm relishing this free time where I can go and do things that I enjoy. I forgot what it is like to have time where you don't HAVE to do anything, and you can do whatever you feel like. It's really quite nice. I imagine that this is what retirement will be like, but probably with more medication.

Anyway, so four days ago when I was doing nothing, I decided that I would finally get the nerve to try something I've been wanting to do for a long time - paint! I had bought a 2-pack canvas on sale and some paints a couple weeks ago but never told Owen in case what I made ended up being really horrible and I didn't want to show him.

In my newly cleaned out shed, I began to work.


I really had no idea what I was doing, since I've never actually painted anything before except maybe a couple watercolor things when I was like six years old. But that's what the internet is for right? I learned some tips for painting with acrylics, and really had a great time. Though I think I may need to get an easel because my neck was murder by the end of all of it.


And here's the final result! It's the inside of a tulip, in case you can't tell. It's no Picasso or da Vinci, but I'm pretty proud of it, considering I haven't taken an art class since 6th grade and really had no idea what I was doing!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment