24 October 2011

Mormon Monday

As an effort to be more consistent with my bloggin, I think I am going to start a new thing -- Mormon Mondays! Every Monday I will try to share something I've learned throughout the week or a message of faith that I feel like will be good to share! So, here we go!

Today I feel like talking about something that was mentioned in our Relief Society yesterday. We were lucky to have Sister Staples from the General Relief Society board come visit our Relief Society, and have her share a message with us. One thing she talked about was the new book that all Relief Society sisters should have (or will soon!) received lately -- Daughters in My Kingdom


Sister Staples took a few minutes to share with us some details about how this book was created. She pointed out that the size of the book is unique -- it is the same size as international scriptures, so that if there are sisters who are riding the bus and carrying this book to study, they can carry their scriptures and this book in one hand while holding on to the bus pole with her other. The corners of the book are rounded, and it took three months to get in a special machine for this to happen. Also, the book lays open flat on it's own, so you have it open and reference your scriptures at the same time. The title pages of each chapter in the book have a fabric-like quality because fabric is something that is familiar across the world. I feel so special to belong to a church that treats its female members with such respect and honor. I have loved reading this book and learning from the examples of sisters in the church who have been such excellent examples of faith and charity. If you want to take a peek, you can read the whole thing online by clicking here. I especially love Chapters 3, 7 and 10! 

Hope you have a great Monday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment