12 July 2011

I Want S'More

I don't know what it is--either this crazy summer heat or my incessant PCAT studying or teaching swim lessons all morning or something else--but I have been craving all things s'mores related lately. Anything that has s'mores in it, give it to me please. And what better place to waste time with food obsessions than foodgawker, right? Well the other night we got it into our heads to make s'mores brownies, which was an incredibly easy and wonderful thing to do.



You'll have to excuse my amateur food photography skills, and the fact that we made these brownies two nights ago, but you've gotta believe me when I say these were the best idea I've had in a loooong time. And practically as easy as normally making brownies! All we did was make the brownie mix (from a box, duh), pour half of it into a 9x13, crunch up some graham crackers and make a layer, layer bits of Hershey's chocolate bars, pour on the rest of the brownies, and then make a loose layer of regular sized marshmallows. Bake like normal and then enjoy in heavenly blisssssssssss.

This experience has opened my eyes to a whole new world of heavenly s'mores concoctions. May I introduce:


If I hadn't returned that panini press we got from our wedding, I would so be having this for dinner tonight.



Breakfast indulgence to the max. Yes. Please. 



Two of my all-time favorites combined in a flaky pastry? How could I say no??
These babies are just too darn cute to refuse. They're also a good excuse to explain to Owen why I need a kitchen torch.



So incredibly easy and again--a good reason to have that kitchen torch on hand.



I just love this idea for indoor s'mores. And it looks so simple!



This one looks a bit more complex, but as the inventor of this creation said: S'mores + cupcake + ice cream sandwich = the perfect summer dessert!

 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. If you had made to our house last night, you could have enjoyed these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Squares I made. They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete