28 March 2011

things byu students wear

Sometimes there are things that BYU students wear that I really wish they wouldn't. Perhaps I am biased, but I just don't know anyone who these clothing items look good on.

Exhibit A: Jeans with thick stitching.

Perhaps it is because I have a notoriously not-so-small behind, but I certainly do not think that this is a tasteful way to show off your backside. Heaven knows how these became popular, but then again, so did shorts with words across the bum. Just because they are trendy doesn't mean they aren't tacky. What's worse? Men wearing these pants. No thank you.  


Source
Exhibit B: Short Uggs

Though I personally am not a huge fan of Uggs in general, I do see how feet could benefit from all of the extra warmth they provide. However, even if your legs are six feet long and twig-thin, no one needs to suffer from the unflattering bulkiness that short Uggs contribute. You know what drives me even more crazy about Uggs? When they get worn in and the base of the shoe is sideways because of how people shuffle around in them. I wish I could find a picture of what I'm talking about, but if you don't know what I mean, just look around campus. You'll see them.



Source
Exhibit C: Colorful Sweatsuits

This is one thing that has changed about me since marrying Owen. Owen refuses to wear any form of athletic clothing outside of the house (unless exercising of course) and says he would feel uncomfortable if people were to see him those clothes at work or school. Though I wouldn't feel embarrassed necessarily, I do think that there is something to be said about getting dressed properly for day-to-day activities. Your mind is more alert, and you are showing more respect for your coworkers and professors and everyone else. I won't say that I don't have the occasional yoga pants day every blue moon, but I don't think that dressing in sweats every day is a good idea. 

Source
Exhibit D: Sweater Headbands

Is it a sweater? Is it a headband? Is it a beanie? Is it...what is it?! I don't know. All I know is that once I stepped inside, my forehead would be totally hot and sticky if I tried wearing one of these things, and taking them off would have an effect potentially even worse than hat hair. The only person who looks cute in these is my little sister Lyvia, but she is thin and young and looks cute in everything, so I don't know how much that is saying. 

Source
Despite my clothing rant, today has actually been a pretty good day! Only two and a half more weeks of classes--hallelujah! And I register for fall classes tonight, which is always exciting besides the staying up until midnight part...At least I'm going to see Tangled in 3D w/ Devynne tonight! Yay!

P.S. Like my new blog design? I was bored at work (again) and didn't feel like cutting off all my split ends like I did last Monday, sooooo I played around with photoshop brushes and bugged Owen at work for some html tips. Love that guy.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This post is brilliant! Unfortunately I fell into the grasp of the big stitch jeans when one of my roommates worked at Buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Font is too hard to read! I have to squint even more. I need more contrast!!

    ReplyDelete