05 February 2011

ouch

This was my outfit today.
scarf: kohls, black shirt: jcpennys, cardigan: thrifted, jeggings: jcpenneys, shoes: charlotte russe, bracelets: f21
Well, for part of the day.

To be honest with you, I sort of broke the 30 for 30 a teensy bit today, but for a very good reason.

Somehow, husband convinced me that it would be a good idea to go PAINTBALLING today.

And for obvious reasons, I did not want to get my 30 pieces of clothing splattered with paint capsules.

Man, was I a fool!

The paintball arena was in the super shady area of Salt Lake, in between a couple warehouses. When we first got there, I had to sign a safety waiver. Item #2 on the waiver was, "I understand that paintballing is an inherently dangerous sport, and I may get injured or die." I didn't understand why there were other points on the waiver. What else needs to be signed off besides major injury or death?

But I didn't want to be a big sissy, so I signed the thing without reading the other points. I immediately regretted it after seeing a 40-something year old man walk out of the arena dressed in camouflage with the team name "Nasty Habits" painted across his chest. The whole Nasty Habits team was there practicing, because they were competitors in the national tournament. I mean, these guys had like three or four bags of equipment and belts that held like a million bullets and $4,000 guns....

Because they have national tournaments for this game. Or I guess I should call it "sport."

I was scared out of my mind, and rightly so! Even though I only participated in the "beginners" rounds, I have three (and a half) seriously painful welts as a souvenir of this event. I'm pretty sure that I killed at least two, maybe three guys, and I totally ran out of bullets in the middle of a game once. That was scary. How do people enjoy this as a hobby?? It's so painful!

At least now if my children ever say that I am a wimp, I can tell them that I've been paintballing before. Take that, future children!

_________________________________________________________________________
Today, I am grateful I didn't die during paintball. And that I stole Owen's gloves as protection.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! i think i'll stick to lazer tag! But i do like the sweater you wore.

    ReplyDelete