20 December 2010

day 19- nicknames you have and why you have them

I'm actually against nicknames.

I don't know why, but I've never really been a fan of them. Maybe I was just jealous because there aren't really any cool nicknames that go with my name (Chels? Doesn't really work for me), or maybe I just think they are weird, but I've never really had a nickname that has stuck for me. The one nickname I tried to develop for myself in 5th grade turned out to be an inappropriate term in Spanish, so I sort of quit after that. No one in my family has nickname-able names either, so we just avoided that.

I never really call anyone by their nicknames either. Tylers are never "Ty"s for me, Michaels are always Michael (except my dad who was Chef Mike), and I wouldn't call Elizabeth "Lizzie." Just like I will never ever call Owen "O-ee" like his family sometimes does...or "Oweo" or "Hot Hands" (don't know about that one--thank you Tim and Zach) or "O-dog" which my dad called him occasionally for some unknown reason.

So I apologize if you really like your nickname, but I will probably call your right and proper name that you were born with.

I really hope that it keeps snowing! Please have a white Christmas for my family! I cannot wait for them to come...although I'm not sure how we are going to be able to get everything in that we want to! This weekend was so wonderful because we were able to get things done we wanted to and not have to study. Ahhh. And last night we watched Merry Christmas Charlie Brown. I love this season.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment