10 July 2012

ROAD TRIP





In the third week of June, Kirsten (my sister-in-law) and I decided to take a road trip to Washington to visit some family and friends. Many of you may think that we are certifiably insane to willingly take two 12-hour drives with a 2-year-old, but I am pleased to report that they were both huge successes! I don't know what it is, but I think the Prius has some sort of baby magic in it that totally mellowed out Liam, my nephew, for the whole drive - it was amazing! Our car was full of delicious snacks (including some of the BEST cookies of all time - check out my review here), Etch-a-Sketch drawings, a couple of Pixar movies and Disney music, and happiness. I was so grateful to have this chance to visit my family, that our car survived the trip with ease, and was even more grateful that Kirsten wanted to make the trip with me! Also, isn't the way that Liam naps in his carseat the most adorable thing? He's totally boss of that back seat.