01 June 2011

Some Random Things

So, things around here have been pretty busy but also awesome. I don't really have one big thing I feel like blogging about today, just a bunch of little things, so here it goes!

First off, on Sunday, I got called to be the Relief Society secretary! Woo! I am so excited. For those of you not familiar with LDS lingo, the Relief Society basically is the group of all of the women who go to church at the same time as me and live in the same geographic region (our ward). So, I am responsible for all of the administrative details regarding about 100 women, many of them popping out babies left and right! Yikes! I am so excited for this opportunity to serve, and the other ladies in the presidency are totally awesome, so I can't wait to get down to business!

Second, we only have TWO MORE WEEKS of classes! Wow! I love how quickly spring term goes--I think that I would really have enjoyed going to UW or somewhere where they are on a quarterly schedule because it is so fun to finish classes so quickly! I don't have any midterms left, just a couple easy papers and assignments, then finals, then done! The only thing that is going to be a little crazy is that I am going to be starting to teach swim lessons NEXT MONDAY! Yes, while I am finish up classes. This might get a little hectic since I finish teaching swim lessons at 12 and my first classes of the day are at 12, but oh well. It's only one week of overlap, right? No big deal :) {i hope!}

Third, Jared Diamond is the coolest. Here is a man who decides what he wants to study, rapidly becomes one of the leading experts in the field, and then moves on to something else totally awesome! I've been reading a lot of his stuff about community assembly rules for my research, and I definitely want to finish reading his other books this summer!

Fourth, I have been seeing a lot of potato bugs/rolly polys/pill bugs/whatever you call them around campus and it is totally awesome because I haven't seen ANY in our house! Yay for not living under ground! We had SO many of those little bugs in our house last year, but I have a feeling this year is going to be much more bug-free! 

Fifth, I've decided what I want to do with my life! Okay not completely, but I think I've decided what I want to do after graduating next April. At the University of Utah, they had an option if you are accepted into the Pharmacy School to do a Pharm D./Ph. D track. Perfect! Well besides the fact that my life will be totally insane for 5 more years....but I really want to go into pharmacy because I love the health field application, but I also don't want to give up the research aspect of learning. I love working on new and current issues and trying to make breakthroughs--it's very exciting! I would choose the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, which sounds applicable to my interests and it's only 5 years to get two degrees! I think I even know what I would want to focus my Ph. D studies on-- Evolutionary Medicine. It's awesome. Now all I have to do is get in to the program...yikes!

Sixth, here is a chart that I found via Pinterest that you might find interesting. Who knows how accurate or scientific it is, but what the heck? Might as well give it a try!



Happy Wednesday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment