23 May 2011

Slacker

I know I know, I have been the biggest blogging slacker on the planet. Don't worry, I've already had my mom AND my sister nag me about it (my two biggest [only?] readers). But you know why, right? I haven't had time to blog because I don't work at the math department anymore! Now I have a job where I actually have work to do and I make progress and do cool stuff! Though of course, I do have to admit that I am currently at research right now, but that is beside the point.

Anyway, what it comes down to is that spring term has been way more busy than expected, but it has been a good busy! So far I really like all of my classes and am LOVING not being at the math department anymore! Though my paycheck definitely has taken a significant cut...good thing for Owen I guess! Okay no guessing really, but you know what I mean. Especially since that boy has been working 40+ hours every week this term--he rocks! And also Qualtrics rocks because since Owen works there and they are a huge sponsor of the Stadium of Fire, we get free tickets to the Stadium of Fire this year! I am so excited! I totally wanted to go but am too cheap to buy tickets ($30 for the cheapest?? If I'm spending that kind of money, I'll go to the U2 concert!). I can't wait!


Other good news: we participated in purchasing our first Bountiful Basket this week! If you don't know what Bountiful Baskets is all about, you MUST check it out here. We drove up to Lehi on Saturday at 7 am (yeah it was early) since we kind of signed up late on Monday and Lehi was the closest place left. When we got there, volunteers were sorting out the baskets, and we each got TWO of these baskets, all for only $15! It was such an awesome deal!

photo source
In our basket we got 6 corn on the cob (had them for dinner and they were HEAVENLY!!!), a box of mushroom, 1 head of romaine, 1 head of Swiss chard, a bunch of bananas, a cantaloupe, 3 mangoes, 5 tomatoes, 1 bag of carrots, 6 peppers, 6 Fuji apples, and a box of blackberries! Plus some stuff I am probably forgetting about...Anyway, so far everything we've eaten of it has been SO SO SO good and I definitely want to participate in this again! Hopefully we can score a place closer to home and then we can help volunteer too! Thank you my dear Emily Drennan for informing me about this awesome deal! Now I just have to make sure that we eat all of this delicious produce before it goes bad! If you like delicious produce at all, I totally would recommend this to you.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment