05 December 2010

day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have

I don't know if it is just that super stressful time of year right before finals or if it is the fact that our car is being psychotic and sadly is STILL not fully functioning, but for some reason I can come up with lots of habits right now I wish I didn't have! Chipping off my nail polish, messing with split ends, being awkward around new people I don't really know, blogstalking or writing new blog posts instead of studying for my tests (guilty at the present). But I think right now the most significant habit I have that I wish I didn't is getting into a habit of negativity. Sometimes I can be really negative and think that everything in the world is all out to get me. And the problem is that it is a REALLY easy habit to get into! Whether it is finding out that my microbiology teacher scheduled another dumb midterm on the last day of class in class just to torture us, or discovering that our headlights aren't working after all of that repair work and money we spent on the car and now we can't drive after 5 p.m., it is easy to focus on the things that are not going exactly how I would want them to. I'm hoping that all of these situations are just being exacerbated by the fact that it is almost finals and I am terrified out of my mind for my genetics and biochemistry classes, but I going to try (key word=try) to think of at least a few positive things every day to balance it out. As President Jeffrey R. Holland once said
 "No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse." 
And since I am sitting here writing a blog post and being bored all by myself but not wanting to do homework, I would say that Owen's habit I wish he didn't have is procrastinating his humongous History of Creativity assignment that he has had all semester to work on but didn't really start until like a week ago and now he's cramming to do that instead of doing something awesome like watching Pysch with me :) But I do have to admit that the video portion of his assignment turned out pretty dang cute, I'll try to convince him to put it up here for you all to see. And in the meantime, I will put forth my first attempt at making cake balls. Wish me luck! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment