08 August 2010

Summer Recap

It is officially my last Sunday as a single woman--Oh YEAH! Since Lyvia is making the french toast while I just sit here and watch, I decided that I would take this few spare minutes to slip in a quick blog post. Blogging has definitely been more difficult when every second of the day is filled with WEDDING PREPARATION! Oh man, I never believed them when they said that planning your wedding is one of the most stressful things in your life, but now I totally agree!! I only have 17 things left of my to-do list, so hopefully I'll be able to get them done quick and have a couple of seconds to breath before the wedding.

Not that you would be able to tell by reading this blog, but I was able to do a couple of other things besides planning a wedding this summer. So I thought that I ought to give tribute and recognition to the other things I accomplished this summer aside from not strangling myself with wedding plans :)

This summer, I :

participated in hot yoga | walked home from work up a super steep hill (mostly) every day | kept the camas pool alive and functioning even though my boss was MIA all the time | learned new problem solving skills | learned new leadership skills | taught quinn how to play tennis | watched one of my best friends brent richards win a national pdl soccer game AND win the league's MVP award AND rookie of the year award (which was pretty awesome) | visited the new pdx beaches | dropped my cell phone in the pool and somewhat resurrected it | learned how to cut a whole chicken open with much disgust | learned how to change the oil on a car

I'm sure there were other things, but overall, I think that's a pretty good summary of my summer accomplishments. And in only a few short five days, I will have the best summer accomplishment of all! WOOHOO! I'm so excited to marry Owen and get to spend every day of the rest of my life with him. He is such a caring, hardworking, good-looking, hilarious, spiritual, smart, and AWESOME man, and I cannot wait until Friday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment