13 July 2012

LAGOON








Last Saturday, we had some discount passes from Deseret Book that were only good on July 7, so we made the drive up to Lagoon! I've never been there before, but it was definitely on my Utah bucket list so we took advantage of the temple being closed and went to ride some rollercoasters! I was surprised at how it wasn't very busy - we were able to ride basically all of the rides within 2 hours. I think our favorite ride was the Rattlesnake Rapids ride - though I don't know if I support Owen's claim that it is better than Grizzly River Run at California Adventures, I do have to say that there were a lot more rapids and it was longer, which made it pretty fun. Plus Owen was hopping around the raft the whole time trying to avoid getting wet because I made him hold on to our phones, which made the ride extra hilarious. I have to admit though, we're pretty spoiled, because the whole time we were comparing it to Disneyland and wishing we were there instead! But Lagoon is a whole lot closer (not to mention cheaper), so it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning in July - especially since they have the water park there too! Once we had ridden all of the rollercoasters, we went to the water area and rode a super scary slide - I thought I was going to die. I don't know what the deal is, but rollercoasters don't scare me at all and I am terrified of water slides! But at least we did one (we didn't really feel like waiting in the longer lines for the others or paying money to rent a tube), and then cooled off in the pool for a little while where the lifeguard yelled at us for "playing dead" in the water. We're such troublemakers.