24 July 2012

IT'S HAIRSPRAY!










While in St. George, we had the awesome opportunity to go see the musical Hairspray at the Tuacahn Amphitheater. I've always wanted to go to the Tuacahn - it is so picturesque and beautiful nestled up in the red rock canyon of St. George! I probably would have been happy seeing practically any show in that gorgeous setting, but was lucky enough to get to see one of my all-time favorite musicals, Hairspray! I love all of the music and characters from Hairspray, and think that it has great messages. The show was outstanding - all of the costuming and dancing and singing and sets were phenomenal, and even though I've seen the movie a million times, the musical was still a completely new experience, including two songs I'd never heard before! Plus, one of my roommates from spring term, Summerisa, played Amber in the show - it was so fun to get to see her perform. And to get into the real Hairspray spirit, Kirsten and I even ratted up our hair as high as I could, though you can tell it kind of had fallen even before the show began...typical! All in all, it was an amazing experience and I would definitely want to go to the Tuacahn again someday!