05 December 2011

Tis the Season


Who cares that it is the last week of classes and that I should be studying for finals? Not me! We've had our first actual ground covering of snow and my mind has hopped aboard the Polar Express. Cheesy, I know. But you know what, many things about the holidays are cheesy. And I love it. 

To start off our cheesy holidays celebrations, we went to Christmas Around the World on Saturday. Owen and I have gone to this the past three years and I love it every year (despite the fact that most of the dances are disproportionately from Northern Europe). This years they totally added many more dances from other cultures which was great, including Israel, Africa (yeah somehow the whole continent was lumped into one dance, but at least it was included!) and my perennial favorite- India. This year the India dance was totally Bollywood style and it was pretty fun. Somehow the World Dance department has turned down our offers for Balinese dance workshops, but one year my friend, you shall see...

the folk dance people LOOOOVE the ukraine dances. photo from byu. 
Then last night, we had the chance to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional (on tv, yeah definitely the coolest part of being in Utah). I loved hearing the wonderful sweet Christmas music of the choir and feeling the love that the leaders of our church have for us. Here was my favorite tweet from LDSNewsroom during the devotional:

“When we keep the spirit of Christmas, we keep the spirit of Christ, for the  spirit is the Christ spirit.” Pres. Monson 

And these new videos from the church are lovely! Definitely going to be using them for FHE tonight!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment